In February 2022, there is no shortage of content marketers for articles or videos, from politics and music to health and useful information.
Content marketing is the creation, publication and distribution of content such as articles, podcasts or videos to attract, engage and retain customers. Content marketing is the backbone of search engine optimization and inbound marketing.
Here are five content marketing ideas any business could use in February 2022.
1. National Freedom Day, February 1
National Freedom Day is an American holiday commemorating President Abraham Lincoln’s signing of a joint resolution to end slavery in the United States. This resolution was later ratified and became the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution. President Harry Truman created National Freedom Day to commemorate the signing.
National Freedom Day should promote harmony, goodwill and equal opportunity for all. This makes for a good day to celebrate with some content.
Articles, videos and podcasts created for National Freedom Day could:
- Focus on the story,
- Launch of Black History Month,
- Profile of major contributors,
- List the important freedoms,
- Celebrate new opportunities.
2. Bob Marley’s birthday, February 6
Robert (Bob) Nesta Marley was born February 6, 1945. Marley helped establish reggae as a musical style in the 1960s and 1970s. He was also a key representative of Rastafarianism and a proponent of the legalization of marijuana.
Businesses related to the music or cannabis industry – and businesses looking to celebrate Black History Month – may want to introduce Marley.
Articles on Marley could include discussions of his influence on music, religion, culture, and politics.
To inspire you, here are some articles related to Marley.
3. American Heart Month
For the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and other health organizations, February is American Heart Month, a good time to think about heart health.
For the e-commerce content marketer, American Heart Month is an opportunity to encourage customers and prospects to be healthier while promoting products where appropriate.
For example, last year the US Surgeon General used American Heart Month to focus on high blood pressure. The aim was to:
- Raise awareness of the risks associated with hypertension,
- Ensure that places where people live, learn and work are equipped to help control hypertension, and
- Improve patient care related to hypertension.
Businesses could use this theme in articles. Here are some potential titles for several types of online businesses.
- Kitchen Supply Store: “10 Heart-healthy Recipes To Lower Blood Pressure”
- Online Shoe Store: “5 Ways To Walk Or Run Improve Heart Health”
- Office Supply Retailer: “How Standing Desks Fight Hypertension”
- Supplements Seller: “14 Supplements to Lower Your Blood Pressure”
- Power Tool Retailer: “5 Subtle Changes to Reduce Workplace Stress and Your Blood Pressure.” “
4. Calendar of February events
February may only have 28 days in 2022, but it is full of holidays and events. Content marketers can publish industry-specific or customer-focused event calendars.
An industry calendar could include major trade shows, conferences and meetings. For example, a store selling electrical and plumbing supplies to contractors might feature events such as:
- The National Association of Representatives of Electricity Manufacturers. 3-5 February 2022.
- The National Electrical Contractors Association’s How To Work With OSHA Workshop on February 3, 2022.
- National Association of Home Builders Show, February 8-10, 2022.
- Conference of the National Association of Electricity Distributors, from February 22 to 24, 2022.
A customer calendar can include multiple events on multiple topics. For example, an online retailer selling products to new mothers might create an event calendar aimed at this demographic. It could include:
- Creative Romance Month,
- National Day of Women and Girls in Sport,
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science,
- Valentine’s day,
- World Day of Social Justice.
Content marketers could briefly describe each event and resource to learn more.
5. Publish a glossary
Every business and industry has a set of terms that are not always familiar to customers. For February 2022, publish a glossary defining every word or phrase that you may be unfamiliar with.
An online shoe store may publish a glossary of shoe construction terms, as in:
- Aglet: A thin sheath usually made of plastic or metal wrapped over the end of a lace to make it easier to lace up and more durable.
- Gusseted Tongue: A wide, pliable tongue attached to the upper on three sides to make a boot or shoe water or water resistant.
- Welt: Material sewn to the edge of a shoe upper and attached to the sole.
- Goodyear welt: a welt sewn through the midsole and outsole to better secure the sole to the upper and allow for a complete sole replacement.
The glossary could also refer to specific products, and the descriptions of these products could, in turn, refer to the aforementioned terms.