Play Notes (PDF)
- The Irish go to Newton, Mass. for an ACC game against the Boston College Eagles.
- Live stats will be available and the match will be broadcast on ACCNX.
- After 12 games, Madison Ahern leads the team with 38 goals.
- Bridget Deehan set a new career high for the second time this season. She made 19 saves in the game against North Carolina.
- Madison Mote reached a career high in goals and points against Duke with five goals, two assists and seven points.
- Maddie Howe reached a new career high against the Yale Bulldogs with seven goals.
- Hannah Dorney leads the Irish with 21 turnovers caused and currently ranks second in the ACC with an average of 1.75 turnovers caused per game.
- Bridget Deehan ranks first in the ACC in saves per game (9.36) and third in save percentage (.452).
- Sophomore Lilly Callahan appeared in goal for the Irish against Detroit Mercy where she saved a career-high six shots.
- Freshman Ciara Mazzone came on as a substitute against Detroit Mercy and recorded her first college career goal.
- Notre Dame is coming off a 2021 campaign in which it finished 11-7 and earned an NCAA Tournament berth.
THE NOTRE-DAME SERIES – BOSTON COLLEGE
- The Irish and the Eagles will meet for the 20th time on Saturday, with Boston College holding the overall series advantage 11-8.
- Notre Dame and Boston College last met in the NCAA Quarterfinals, where Notre Dame ultimately fell to the Eagles 21-10.
- In their last meeting, Madison Ahern had a team-high four points, Kasey Choma had a hat trick and Bridget Deehan made 10 saves.
- The Irish capped off their season after their clash against the Eagles by earning their fifth-place finish in the NCAA Quarterfinals. They had also won back-to-back NCAA Tournament contests for the second time in program history in 2021.
- After twelve games of the 2022 season, the Irish are ranked No. 18 in the IWLCA/IL Women survey.
- The Irish were ranked No. 5 in the IL Women/IWLCA preseason poll.
- Five other ACC programs are currently ranked in the top 25 by IL Women/IWLCA preseason poll including #1 North Carolina, #2 Boston College, #4 Syracuse and #7 Duke and #16 Virginia.
- The Irishman ranked No. 7 in USA Lacrosse magazine’s pre-season poll.
TOP FIVE SCHEDULE
- The Fighting Irish have already faced six of the top 25 opponents in the 2022 season and will face two more in the regular season.
- The ACC is home to six ranked opponents in No. 1 North Carolina, No. 2 Boston College, No. 4 Syracuse, No. 7 Duke, #16 Virginia and #18 Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame has one of the top five toughest schedules in Division I women’s lacrosse according to lacrossereference.com.
ALL AMERICAN GIRLS
- Madison Ahern and Kasey Choma were named Midseason All-Americans by Inside Lacrosse/IL Women on March 31, 2022.
- Five Irishmen have been named Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-Americans, including Kasey Choma (second team), Madison Ahern (HM), Maddie Howe (HM), Jackie Wolak (HM) and Bridget Deehan (HM).
- Kasey Choma was named to USA Lacrosse magazine’s All-American pre-season team and was also ranked among the top 50 college lacrosse players at #34.
- Both Choma and Ahern were named to the USA Super Sixes roster for the 2022 World Games on March 30.